Friday, July 31, 2015

Day One!

So the first post on the new blog. There's nothing much to say (ok there's a lot to say, but that's for a different post).

I flew into Atlanta yesterday. I got to fly first class, that was new. But in all honesty it wasn't really worth it. I'm petite so the extra space was unnecessary, and airplane food tastes the exact same in first class as it does in coach. In fact it's probably better in coach: everything was actual glass in first class, and I'm such a klutz that I was scared I'd break something. Sure I got to board the plane first, but the plane takes off at the same time whether I'm the first one on it or the last one; either way it's still a lot of waiting. It might have made a difference on one of those 18-hour, across a major ocean flights, but as neither of my flights was more than six hours the conclusion I'll go with is that it's not worth the expense. (For those who didn't know already: I only did it because I got a deal on it.)

There's not much else to say about the flights. I watched Mulan in Japanese. As well as the first three quarters of the movie Splash. And my lunch got left on the plane in an airsick bag.

My uncle (whom I had never met before) picked me up from the airport and took me to his house. They had cleaned out the spare room for me and had even bought sheets and a nice air mattress. They took me out to dinner too, but I was too tired and homesick to really enjoy it.

So that's day one. Stay tuned for day two! Because it's literally coming in half an hour, [or however long it takes me to write it ;) ].

No comments:

Post a Comment