Friday, September 11, 2015

September 11

Today was another long day. Yesterday was long and late, and today was long and early. I only got like four hours of sleep. 😓

So I had to go to the downtown campus for a Responsible Conduct in Research training for my assistantship. That wasn't bad, Dr. Lisa made it tolerable. 

We all got an email yesterday that basically said "don't be late!" And guess what, more than 2/3 of the students were late. >.< On the one hand I feel bad for them cuz it means that they have to retake the training in January. But on the other hand: half of the students that were late are in my program, and I'm kinda pissed at them for the effects that them being late will have on our program's reputation. *sigh*

I sat with Aida and Timi, who walked in thirty seconds before the instructor announced the start of training; he was especially relieved once we found out the consequences of being late. It was a discussion based training. And you know it's a quiet group when I'm one of the most vocal participants. *sigh*

They fed us lunch, the catered sandwiches weren't bad, but in order to get done on time we had to work through lunch. But that didn't bother me. 

Some pics of that building (just the interior- the exterior was really plain):


I thought the way the stairs are was really cool. 

Sushi for dinner at Haiku Sushi and Hibachi:

It was mediocre (that is: I've had better and I've had worse). The sweet potato tempura roll (the smaller one) was good, but it was warm and seafood-less, so it technically wasn't sushi. I debated ordering hibachi, but we went there because I wanted sushi. It ended up being a good thing though, cuz they used a ton of butter on the hibachi stuff. The chef was good, nothing spectacular, but he was nice. 

And that's all. Unless you want to see the creepy escalator from yesterday that I forgot to share:

It was ridiculously long. And steep. Looking at the landing felt like I was looking straight down! It also moved agonizingly slow and creaked the entire time. *shudder*

No comments:

Post a Comment