Monday, September 21, 2015

September 19 and 20

So much for writing about Friday yesterday. *sigh* It's been a long weekend. 

First things first though: GO PACK GO!! That was a tough game to watch. It would've been more satisfying if we'd creamed the Seahawks, but at least we won! And also satisfying: having a Seahawk get ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct. *smirk*

Now back to the other things. 
Yesterday was the final day of SAS boot camp. So I was in class all day on a Saturday. :/ After class I did some shopping at the little mall that's just a block from the building. It's where the Old Navy is and I had to exchange the shirt I got for my birthday. That was like fate: they had ONE of that style and color, and it was the size I needed. Yay. :)
I also went to bed bath and beyond and got some stuff for my bedroom, but I'm not done putting those together/up, so no pictures yet. Maybe tomorrow. 

My birthday present to myself came in the mail yesterday. Isn't it awesome?

Now for the awfulness that was Friday: 
Day three of boot camp. I started the day exhausted: the day before I'd been on campus for 14 hours straight. *blech* And to top it all off the only thing in the catered lunch that I could eat was some (in all honesty) rather nasty roasted broccoli. The main entree was chicken pot pie, with the vegetarian entree being veggie pot pie, both very dairy heavy dishes. The other side dish was corn on the cob, which I can't eat because of the wire retainer from when I had braces. It was the perfect storm of everything I can't eat all at once. >.< @_@ 
Normally it wouldn't have been a big deal, as they let us have an hour break for lunch, so I could've gone to one of the fast food places nearby. Except that it was Friday. >.< Which means that we had a guest lecturer during the lunch break. >.< So I couldn't leave, because 1) I didn't want to miss that opportunity and 2) those events are supposedly mandatory for GRAs. Talk about a lose-lose situation. I didn't get to eat hardly anything because of the speaker, but I was so hungry and frustrated that I completely missed everything that was said. 😰😓 I should've just skipped the speaker.

I did finally get food when I got home:
We went out to the Three Dollar Cafe. I had the mushroom and Swiss burger (without the cheese of course). Best burger I've ever had in a restaurant [Dad's are still the best overall of course]. The picture doesn't do it justice but those onion rings: first: they weren't the greatest, but they were definitely far from being the worst (for those who don't know: onion rings are one of my most favorite foods, and I am EXTREMELY picky about them). Second: I'd complain that they only gave me four, but they were each an inch thick and at least four inches in diameter- they were as big as the hamburger bun!
I think I might have gone straight to bed when we got back, but I honestly don't remember. I don't even remember what we learned at boot camp that day. :/

It's after midnight now, and my phone is almost dead, so I better go to bed. Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Haha great necklace! And since you are my friend I will forgive the smack about my seahawks. >:P

    ReplyDelete