Sunday, August 9, 2015

Day Eleven!

Today is a day for pictures.

Let's start with the most bittersweet one:
I finally found my name! And then the vending machine screwed up and gave me the wrong bottle. >.<

Now, back to the beginning of the day. ;)
Pancakes and sausage for breakfast. Then Aunt Sarah and I went to Kohl's and picked out a bedding set for my room. (I also got another sweatshirt. Woot!) After that we went to Home Depot and picked out a shade of paint that would coordinate with the bedding. We got back to the house, realized we forgot something and went back out, to a different Home Depot. (We drove by at least five different ones during the course of the day.) When we finally got back we were expecting to have to help Nick move the junk out of my room. Only he had already done most of it. Which is why my before picture is of an empty room.

So while he finished that up I did some work on my midterm project. Then we went to Costco and got a bed (no more air mattress, yay!). That was an adventure of a different kind. @_@ We found the mattress we wanted, then we decided to go with a full size rather than a twin. Only there was no full box spring. We had to track down an employee, who had to page for the forklift, which took fifteen minutes to come. *sigh*

Dinner at Panda Express, then Nick was supposed to start painting while Sarah and I went back to Kohl's. To exchange the bedding set we had just bought that morning. Only it was a different Kohl's, there are three within shopping distance from the house. There are also three Michael's, at least two Hancock Fabrics, a Joann's, and a Hobby Lobby. And by "shopping distance" I mean closer than driving from the valley to Northtown, probably comparable to the distance between the Valley Mall and Costco. 

Anyway, we got back, then Uncle Nick started painting. Sarah assisted him a little, while I finished my project. I got it done and it works!!! Whew! When they finished and the paint had dried enough, we put the furniture back in the room and set the bed up!

It looks so awesome!!!

Now it's time for bed. And since I had Chinese today I'll leave you with this:

"If you continually give, you will continually have."


No comments:

Post a Comment