Friday, August 14, 2015

Day Sixteen

Today was a long day. Class was slow, then we discussed the final project. But the data we're supposed to analyze hadn't been assembled yet (actually I think "created" is a better word: Dr. Bauer did say he was going to make it up), so he extended the deadline by thirty six hours, since we won't actually be able to start it until tomorrow. 

After class I had some things to do on the main campus downtown, so I hopped on Marta and went exploring. Only the buildings I had to go to required scanning an ID card to access, and I don't have that yet (they took our photos at orientation for it, but haven't gotten them to us @_@). So I didn't get any of the things I needed to do completed and it ended up being a big waste of time. 

So my opinion of the main campus: let's start with how glad I am that I'm on the campus up in Buckhead. The main campus is in the heart of downtown Atlanta, I don't know what you all picture in your heads when I say "downtown Atlanta", but it looks exactly like I picture it: tall buildings that aren't in the greatest condition, graffiti, stores I'd be too scared to go into alone, people everywhere. The like four square blocks of the campus are nice, but the walk from the Marta station to the campus was ... I don't know what the right word is, but fortunately I have a lot of practice with it from my travels in Europe. 
That Marta station is the station where the four train lines intersect. Here's a comparison only a few of you will get: it reminded me of that metro station by our hotel in Rome, the one below the central train station. 

Got back up to Roswell, where I went on another expedition- this time to find a grocery store that carries soy cheese. And when that was completed we made homemade pizza. There's a grocery store chain down here called Publix, and in their deli section they carry fresh made pizza dough. It turned out really good. 




Then we watched a couple movies. 
The Lake House was cute, but it was only ok; I don't think I'd choose to watch it again. 
The Grand Budapest Hotel was different. Sarah and I decided the best word to describe it is "strange". It was definitely not what I was expecting. 

Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment