Saturday, August 1, 2015

Day Three!

Not much happened today. We took the train down to the Buckhead area and located the building where my classes will be. It's a gorgeous area. I didn't get any pictures, but seeing as I'll be there basically everyday it's not like I won't get another chance. ;)
(The specific area I'm referring to is hiding behind the trees, so you can't actually see it.)

Also the train system: MARTA (the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority). It reminded me a lot of Japan's train system, with how clean it was, and all the rules, and how it runs on time. At least on a Saturday (it runs on a reduced schedule on weekends), so I guess I'll find out soon if it's the same on weekdays...

After that we walked down the street a few blocks to the Lennox Square Mall. OMG that place is HUGE!!! I don't know if I can properly describe it, but for anyone familiar with Spokane: if you took all three malls (Valley, Northtown, Riverpark Square) and combined them into one big mall, it would still be smaller than this one. And they were all really expensive stores, places I've seen before but never gone in because I could never afford to buy anything there. To illustrate my point: I saw a cute skirt in the window of one of the stores (Neiman Marcus to be specific) so I went in to look at it closer and it was 300 dollars! Who in their right mind would actually pay that much for a skirt?!? Anyway... there were only two stores in the mall that I would actually shop at: Gamestop and Wet Seal. Three if you count Auntie Anne's Pretzels. (I'm kind of a poor excuse for a girl, huh?)

This evening Aunt Sarah (yes I know she's not really my aunt, it's just easier to say that way) and I watched Gone Girl and Charlie St. Cloud. They were very different movies (kind of an understatement, I know).
Gone Girl was ... weird. And that's coming from someone who likes to binge watch Criminal Minds, so you can make of that what you will. I think the scene that will stick with me longest is *Spoiler alert* the scene where Neil Patrick Harris' character dies.
Charlie St. Cloud was a really cute movie (and in a redeeming "girl moment": Zac Efron is hot). I have rules about movies made out of books: if I liked the book I won't watch the movie, and if I liked the movie I won't read the book. Otherwise I just end up disappointed and feeling like I wasted my time. However, watching that movie makes me want to read the book it's based off of.

And a couple random little notes to finish off this post:
I'm still getting used to the time change. It's after eleven right now, but it only feels like nine.
And I am loving the weather: especially the humidity.


No comments:

Post a Comment